Wednesday, July 2, 2008

10 Grain Honey Bread

Mmmm, fresh bread. Upon the discover of a loaf of bread costing almost as much as a gallon of milk, I have rededicated myself to making (at least) a loaf a week. This is the one I made last week and is a variation of my normal recipe. Through our co-op we scored some 10 grain flour and I just can't let that kind of goodness just sit.

10 Grain Honey Bread
1 cup hot water
3 T vegetable oil
2 T honey
2 cups bread flour
1 cup 10 grain flour (or wheat)
4 t vital wheat gluten
3 T sugar
3 T nonfat dry milk
1 t salt
2 1/4 t bread machine yeast
Add ingredients in the above listed order to your handy-dandy bread machine. Set for a 1 lb loaf with medium crust color. Let it slave away while you sit back with a cuppa and enjoy the smell of fresh baking bread waft through your house.
I found this to be especially tasty as a BLTA. That's a BLT with avocado. My son also loves this with PB & J and spread with some cream cheese mixed with basil & garlic its awesome!

No comments: